Stuck or Clogged Salt Pin Troubleshooting
How To Release A Stuck Or Clogged Salt Pin
- Step 1: Empty all salt from the hopper (shake it and bang against your hand to dislodge grains that may be stuck).
- Step 2: Drip a few drops/trickle of hot water (not boiling) into the salt hopper in order to dissolve residue.
- Step 3: Let the gun rest for a couple of minutes (leave sitting/still) and then repeat as needed until pin pops up.
- Step 4: Once you are able to fire the gun (several time in a row while its still wet/salt free), you are almost done!
- Step 5: Last step is to thoroughly dry out your BUG-A-SALT before putting salt back in. We’ve had good luck using a hair dryer to speed up the drying process. Leaving your BUG-A-SALT outside in the sun (for an afternoon) is another good option.
If you have any questions, please call us! If we are not available at the time of your call, please leave a voicemail and we will call you back as soon as we are able.
M-F 9AM-5PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME
You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org