All Customers purchasing BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Guns must certify that they are eighteen years of age or older and agree to the terms and conditions contained herewith in the "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct" prior to completing their order, or for Indiegogo Customers, prior to your order being shipped out to you.
SKELL INC., makers of BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun, and its Employees, Officers, Directors, Contractors and Advisors all take safety seriously. That's why we've put together this "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct" for the use of our product. If you do not agree to abide by this "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct" DO NOT PURCHASE THE BUG-A-SALT for yourself or for others.
1. Treat the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun as a loaded firearm at all times. Do not under any circumstances point the gun at any person, pet or valuable personal property. Never leave the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun in a cocked and loaded position when not in use and always leave the safety engaged until you decide it is safe to fire it in a direction that will not cause injury or damage to people, pets or personal property.
2. NEVER POINT BUG-A-SALT ORIGINAL SALT GUN IN THE DIRECTION OF A PERSON'S BODY, FACE OR EYES. The BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun sprays a shotgun pattern of salt that disperses wider as it travels toward its target and so it should never be fired if there are people or pets in the 180 degree plane in front of the gun. All people and pets should be behind you when the gun is being fired or pointed at any target.
3. The BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun is intended ONLY TO SHOOT FLIES AND OTHER HARMLESS INSECTS. Do not shoot any other animals including cats, dogs, and other mammals. Do not shoot mice, rats or other rodents. Do not attempt to shoot poisonous or otherwise dangerous insects/invertebrates, reptiles or mammals including but not limited to Bee's, Wasps, Spiders, Snakes and Scorpions. Do not shoot beneficial insects such as butterflies and other pollinating insects.
4. Under no circumstances should the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun be modified in any way. Modification of the gun voids the warranty and is extremely dangerous and in some localities against the law. SKELL INC. is not responsible for injury or death related to any modification of the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun either in appearance, structure or internal mechanisms. Customers purchasing or using the BUG-A-Salt Original Salt Gun are solely responsible for understanding the laws governing the purchase and use of the product in your country, state, or municipality.
5. Do not tamper with, alter, paint over or remove the orange safety tip on the muzzle of the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun. This tip, in safety orange, is required by law and is used by law enforcement to identify the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun. Failure to follow this requirement could result in law enforcement mistaking the nature and purpose of the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun and subjecting the person carrying the gun to arrest or possible injury or death from police action. Do not carry your BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun in a concealed manner or in locations that may prohibit it. Do not carry the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun through security checkpoints at airports or other secure locations. SKELL INC., its Employees, Officers, Directors and Advisors, and Contractors are not responsible for the unauthorized use, transport or possession of the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun in places where it is dangerous or unlawful.
6. Under no circumstance should any other ammunition, including but not limited to objects, projectiles, powders, chemicals, liquids or other substances, be loaded into the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun except for ordinary table salt (NaCL). SKELL INC., its Employees, Officers, Directors and Advisors, and Contractors are not responsible for the unauthorized use of any type of ammunition not expressly recommended by the Company for use in the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun.
7. The purchaser and users of BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun are solely and fully responsible for understanding and complying with country, state and other municipal/local laws related to their purchase, possession and use of airguns and other related firearms such as the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun. The purchaser agrees to accept all responsibility for declaring the product to the appropriate Customs Service in the country they are having it shipped to. SKELL INC. is not responsible for the loss or confiscation of a BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun by the Customs Service or other regulatory authority in the country or region it is being shipped/imported into.
8. NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WITHOUT THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF A RESPONSIBLE ADULT WHO HAS READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS SAFETY POLICY AND CODE OF CONDUCT. SKELL INC., its Employees, Officers, Directors and Advisors, and Contractors are not responsible for the unauthorized or unsupervised use of the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun by persons under the age of 18 and we will not sell the product to anyone who has not certified that they are eighteen or older and read, understood and agreed to this "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct".
9. If you have questions about the safe use of this product either before or after its purchase, please contact us either by phone at 310-392-3288 or by detailed email at email@example.com. Immediately discontinue using the gun if you do not feel confident that you understand the above "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct".
10. Please view the instructional/safety video on Youtube detailing how to operate the BUG-A-SALT before using it.
11. This entire website content is copyrighted by SKELL, INC. Please do not copy or use our designs, images or written content without explicit written permission from SKELL, INC.
12. Legal disputes arising out of your use of this website and your purchase and subsequent use of our products shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA. You agree that the jurisdiction for any legal proceedings resulting from your use of this website and your purchase and subsequent use of our products shall be in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California.
13. GIFT CERTIFICATES: Ordering a Gift Certificate for another person constitutes your agreement that both you and the recipient of the Gift Certificate are 18 years of age or older and that purchaser and recipient have read and understood this "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct" prior to using the gun. Do not purchase the BUG-A-SALT Original Salt Gun for persons under 18 years of age. Original purchaser of the gun or Gift Certificate hereby absolves Skell Inc. of any liability related to the use of the gun outside the scope of this "Safety Policy and Code of Conduct". Skell Inc. will under no circumstances be held responsible for gifts of the BUG-A-SALT to individuals less than 18 years of age (Rev. 12/17/12)